What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced.
What is not a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, nor a worm, or spam, or spyware, or does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies usually do not store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server associates the cookie with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the site does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
What cookies does this web site use?
This website uses the following proprietary cookies:
· Session cookies, to ensure that users who post comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This is the way to combat spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
· Google Analytics: It stores cookies in order to compile statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any such right must be done by communicating directly with Google.
· Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on Like or Share buttons.
Can you deactivate or eliminate cookies?
You may at any time can exercise your right to deactivate or delete cookies from this website. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using.
We provide you with information on each browser explaining how to change the settings for deactivating and deleting cookies.
· Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you have the right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
· In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.